COVID-19 Update: What To Expect When Traveling To Miami This Spring
We’re a year past the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, and many people are excited to resume travel! If you’re headed to Miami this spring, here’s what you need to know about the city’s current guidelines and restrictions.
Midnight Curfew Has Been Lifted!!
For the past year, Miami residents and visitors have been under a strict midnight curfew. Naturally, this has taken a toll on the city’s economy as nightlife has always been an integral part of Miami’s culture.
As of Monday, April 12th, the curfew has been lifted and club-goers can once again party the night away.
City Mayor, Daniella Levine Cava says the decision to relax restrictions was based on data as hospitalizations, positivity rates, and deaths have gone down in Miami-Dade county.
Businesses Are Open
Unless a business owner is choosing to stay closed, ALL types of businesses are open and able to operate at 100% capacity, with restrictions. Businesses must continue to practice social distancing, and facial coverings must be worn while indoors except while eating or drinking.
Open businesses include:
- Beaches and pools – the use of floats or inflatables remains prohibited
- Parks and outdoor activities
- Attractions and amusement parks
- Tours and sightseeing activities
- Banquet and convention spaces
- Entertainment venues
- Malls, stores, and retail shops
- Spa and wellness facilities
- Public transportation – facial coverings must be worn
Facial Coverings Required
The city is continuing to stress the importance of facial coverings to reduce the spread of the virus. According to Miami Visitors Bureau website:
- Masks/facial coverings are required if you are indoors.
- Masks are required on all public transportation.
- Masks/facial coverings are not required for people who are outdoors if they are standing at least 10 feet apart from other people or engaged in strenuous physical activity outdoors, if social and physical distancing can be guaranteed.
For visitors from outside of the U.S., the following Federal travel restrictions apply:
- Non-U.S. travelers who have recently visited Brazil, the United Kingdom, Ireland and 26 countries in Europe (the Schengen Area) may not enter the U.S. at this time.
- The Federal Government requires that all travelers to the U.S. produce proof of a recent negative test for COVID-19 test prior to entry and within three days before their flights.
Always Call Ahead
In an ever-changing post-pandemic environment, it’s always smart to call ahead to businesses and make sure they’re open and ask about any restrictions. Websites don’t always reflect the most up to date information. To maximize fun and minimize disruptions to your Miami vacation, nothing beats a good old fashioned phone call to check availability!
Start Your Vacation In Style With A Miami Beach Scooter Rental
Of course, the best way to experience the sights, sounds and smells of a re-opened Miami is from the back of a scooter rental! With two convenient locations and pickup/dropoff available, Scooter Style makes it easy to get around town in style. Reserve your Miami Beach scooter rental online or call 305-904-8085.